Information Sheet on Check up and Cleaning
A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by your dentist at your initial dental visit. At regular check-up exams, your dentist and hygienist will include the following:
Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
Professional Dental Cleaning
Professional dental cleanings (dental prophylaxis) are usually performed by Registered Dental Hygienists. Your cleaning appointment will include a dental exam and the following:
- Removal of calculus (tartar): Calculus is hardened plaque that has been left on the tooth for some time and is now firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gum line and can only be removed with special dental instruments.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins (poisons) that inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease!
- Teeth polishing: Remove stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during tooth brushing and scaling.
Recommended Products Available at Our Office
Fluoridex Tooth Paste
Only available at our clinic in Japan.
All with 5000ppm Medicated Fluoride.
Any of the following Fluoridex
- Regular: prevention of decay and orthodontic decalcification
- Sensitivity: decrease sensitivity with 5% Potassium Nitrate
- Whitening: maintaining your white teeth after bleaching
Please see the dental video Home Teeth Bleaching
Newest bleaching gel from US with maximum sensitivity relief and also with ACP which strengthens your teeth as it bleaches.
- Nite White: Application time 15minutes to 2 hours (can be worn overnight) once a day for two weeks
* This is for people who already have bleaching trays.
Price：¥4,200 each/ three for ¥12,000
Phillip Sonicare is the electric toothbrush we recommend to patients to clean the areas near the gum line.
Prevents caries and effective to prevent gum recession. We recommend Diamond Clean Mini Head for more detailed brushing around your gum lines.
Please consult with our hygienist for the toothbrush head that is best for you.